1. Navigate to the Google Developers Console and click "Create Project".
2. Enter a Project Name and click the "Create" button.
3. Click on the "YouTube Data API" link.
4. Click the "Enable" button.
5. Click the "Go to Credentials" button.
6. Select "Web server" from the "Where will you be calling the API from?" menu, select "Public data" for "What data will you be accessing?", and then click the "What credentials do I need?" button.
7. Copy and save your API key to a safe place, and then click the "Restrict key" link.
8. For "Key restriction", choose "None", and then click the Save button. (Note: It may take up to 5 minutes for the API key settings to take effect. So, please wait at least 5 minutes before running the software's "config check" utility, to ensure that the "YouTube API Keys" test passes!)
Using Multiple API Keys
You may use one or more YouTube API keys with this software. The use of multiple keys enables you to effectively extend the daily API quota/limit and is recommended for sites with moderate-to-heavy traffic. In fact, as a general precaution, we recommend that you have 1 key for every 1,000 daily website visitors.
A new, separate Google account should be created for each new API key that you use.