Step 1: Install a user script manager
To use the Youtube Downloader Add-on for your Browser you need to install first a user script manager. Which user script manager you can use depends on which browser you use.
- Chrome: Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey
- Firefox: Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, or Violentmonkey
- Safari: Tampermonkey
- Microsoft Edge: Tampermonkey
- Opera: Tampermonkey
- Maxthon: Violentmonkey
- Dolphin: Tampermonkey
- UC: Tampermonkey
- Qupzilla: (no additional software required)
- AdGuard: (no additional software required)
After a user script manager is installed, click here to install Youtube Downloader to your browser.
Step 3: Make sure that you use the new YouTube Layout
Visit https://www.youtube.com/new to check and update your YouTube Layout.
Step 4: Use Youtube Downloader
Visit YouTube, press the orange download button below the video and download the converted mp3.
Our Add-on is listed here: